You’ve had a busy day at work and had to deal with all the traffic on the way home. The kids are finally tucked into bed and now it is your time! You retreat to your master bathroom to relax but does it feel like a calm and comfortable space where you can rest, relax, and recharge? No? Well check out these spa inspired ideas for your bathroom decor.
1. Aromatherapy: Pick scents that are a match for the mood you want to have. For example, if you are stressed and can’t sleep, lavender, rose, sandalwood and vanilla are some great choices. If you having a blah day try sage or cypress. Tired? Eucalyptus, peppermint or even spiced apple should do the trick. For more information, check out this article at Underground Health, then set up a collection that makes scents for you!
2. Vanity: You’ll feel like a celebrity when you do your makeup at your vanity. As an extra perk, you can keep all of your beauty products and jewelry organized and accessible.
3. Mood Lighting: Just say no to fluorescent bulbs. Lighting affects your mood. Check out this New York Times article, LEDs Change Thinking About the Light Bulb, for some great ideas.
4. Calm Colors: Use the principles of color psychology when you choose your paint colors. In an interview with WebMD the color consultant Leslie Harrington recommends painting the bathroom in shades of blue, green, or turquoise. These colors, “give a sense of being clean and fresh — and calm.”
5. Little Luxuries: Incorporate little luxuries like, fresh flowers, a heated towel rack, pretty soaps and storage containers, a bath pillow, bath salts, fluffy bathrobes, and an additional shower head.
Now the only thing left to do is to draw a bath, pick up a good book, and relax.